Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Who am I? DISC

Taking the leadership diagnostic test wasn't as bad as I thought. I pretty much figured out the point of it after the first few slides. However, I decided to play along and see what happens. I know my management style pretty well, so I knew what to expect. I scored extremely high on Dominance and Influence scale. I like to get things done the way I want and I want to always be in control of the situation. Since I knew the kind of person I am, this test did not show me anything new. I am completely fine with being the way I am, even though it might be the most likable trait. However, I think this test would be helpful in a group. This way, when everyone knows what type of style they prefer, roles can be assigned more accurately.

2 comments:

  1. That's true. I believe this test can be very helpful maybe in a different context like a very large company so as you said they can assign roles more accurately. I think you can pretty much tell what kind of personality another person has when you first start talking to him/her. It can be pretty obvious sometimes but pretty hard other times. As I said in my entry, you can get big surprises from people you think you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was helpful for large groups also, but I feel the test can pigeon whole people sometimes. A person can take on different characteristic traits depending on the situation.

    ReplyDelete